Do concrete tile roofs require regular maintenance?
- Yes! Concrete tile roofs require maintenance, especially with Alberta’s freeze-thaw climate.
- Caulking and sealants can break down over time and should be inspected every four to six years.
- Valleys, eaves troughs and areas of high water flow should be inspected and cleared of debris regularly.
- With proper preventative maintenance, severe damage can be avoided.
Can I walk on my concrete tile roof?
- Yes concrete roof tiles can be walked on. They are typically stronger than what people are led to believe, however there is a particular technique to walking on the tiles themselves. The bottom middle portion of the tile is the strongest area, and always avoid walking on any cut or mortared roof tiles.
- It is highly recommended to have an experienced roof tile installer, certified in the proper use of safety equipment, to evaluate and repair your roof. Roof slopes can be very dangerous and should never be accessed in wet or slippery conditions.
Can concrete roof tiles be painted?
- Yes! Concrete roof tiles can be painted. There are specialized concrete paints and stains that can be applied to change the appearance of the roof.
- We recommend having one of our qualified concrete roof tile painters perform this procedure.
What form of payment do you accept?
- We accept Cheques, Money orders, and E-transfers. Sorry no Credit Cards.
Is there a warranty available on my roof tile repair?
- Roof Tile Restorations provides a 2 year warranty.
- The warranty only applies to areas serviced or repaired by Roof Tile Restorations.
- We do not warranty the entire roof as we did not originally install it.
- Please note; there is no longer a manufacturer warranty on Unicrete Roof Tiles.
Do you have WCB/Liability Insurance?
- Yes! Roof Tile Restorations is fully insured and covered by WCB
- All our employees are equipped and trained in the proper use of safety equipment and procedures.